Monday, August 1, 2016

The Long Journey to Jake Palmer by James L. Rubart

Corporate trainer Jake Palmer coaches people to see deeper into themselves—yet he barely knows himself anymore. Recently divorced and weary of the business life, Jake reluctantly agrees to a lake-house vacation with friends, hoping to escape for ten days.

When he arrives, Jake hears the legend of Willow Lake—about a lost corridor that leads to a place where one’s deepest longings will be fulfilled.

Jake scoffs at the idea, but can’t shake a sliver of hope that the corridor is real. And when he meets a man who mutters cryptic speculations about the corridor, Jake is determined to find the path, find himself, and fix his crumbling life.

But the journey will become more treacherous with each step Jake takes.  

James L. Rubart is a 28 year old trapped in an older man's body, who loves to water ski and dirt bike with his two grown sons. He's the bestselling, award winning author of seven novels, including his latest, The Five Times I Met Myself. He lives with his amazing wife on a small lake in eastern Washington.
My Thoughts~
Jim Rubart is one of my favorite authors. I love how he spins a story. In his latest release The Long Journey to Jake Palmer he peels away layer by layer of what makes a person a person, he does this with humor and honesty.
Jim has a class he teaches called "Branding" when I heard about it I thought it was a little interesting that a guy from the Northwest who water ski's was teaching a course on branding cattle. I found out that "Branding" is about how you see yourself and how others see you. Do they match up?
Jake needs to be true to himself, accept what did or didn't happen to him and believe in himself.
I really enjoyed this book, and saw how God has peeled away my layers to reveal who I really am and has used different things in my life to help others.
Don't miss this book! It is a great read that will have you thinking about it long after you finish the book.

No comments:

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...