Thursday, April 2, 2015

Killing Jesus Reviewed





I don't know why I bother to watch "biblical" adaptations of the Bible, it doesn't matter who does it they end up messing it up! In this ridiculous adaptation, based on the book by Bill O'Reily is not even close to being biblical! Had I known that it was based on a book by Bill O'Reily I wouldn't have bothered.

When Jesus comes to John the Baptist and wants to be baptized, Jesus acts like he doesn't know who he is or why he is on earth, and then . . . after he is baptized no dove descends, God doesn't speak saying "This is My beloved Son, with Whom I am well pleased." Matthew 3:17

The few miracles that are performed by Christ in this movie he acts confused, like he has no clue he is the Messiah sent to save the world.

When he is crucified there are no thieves on his right and left, and the part that annoyed me the most, before he bows his head and dies he does not say to John, and his mother, Mary. "Mother, behold your son, son behold your Mother." John 19:25

The anointing of Jesus, happened in the upper room, and instead of her anointing his feet and wiping them with her hair, she anoints his hair. John 12:3; Jesus' feet anointed.

This is a 3 hour waste of time! I hated the Bible adaptation by Roma Downy and her husband. I realize that they can't put everything in a movie, however, God wrote the script at least follow it, don't ad-lib.

Don't waste your time!


No comments:

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...