Monday, March 10, 2014

Divorce Rates . . . .and The Church...







I always love when someone says something STUPID, and I get the opportunity to PROVE them wrong!!
Last Thursday, at small group, someone made the comment that divorce rates among church goers is higher than outside . . . well . . .it seems by this article http://blackandmarriedwithkids.com/2013/08/why-is-the-divorce-rate-among-church-goers-as-high-as-non-church-goers/ that it is the same...about 42%.
The comment REALLY upset me because the person was being general in her comment, even though she has been divorced as well.
I was apart of a single's group before I remarried, pretty good sized, and when someone says that "Christian marrieds" just give up, she is way out of line. In the singles group I was in, which we all went through Divorce Care Recovery, none of them were there because they just gave up on their marriage. There was a definite biblical reason for it. So...before you pop off saying something, know the facts...don't generalize, and remember that if you don't know everyone's personal story, you may hurt some feelings.

No comments:

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...