Saturday, June 1, 2013

Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not???


















About the book:

Daniel and Casey were an unlikely couple back in high school when they came together to write music for a school event. Struggling against their differences, they dated during college, but their relationship never seemed quite right. Yet despite their personal conflict, as songwriters they had undeniable chemistry—and several hit songs. Eventually they went their own ways, both trying to make it in the music world and find true love.

Years later, both Daniel and Casey are at rock bottom, still trying to find success. But when they connect again as old friends, they realize that what they needed was right in front of them all along: each other.




What I Liked . . .

Being a huge Country Music fan, and I know the song. Plus I enjoy Travis Thrasher's writing I was not going to let the chance to read it slip by. 

Danny is not doing well in Calculus, his father threatens to take away his guitar if he fails. So, to bring up his grade in Calculus he writes a song, the lyrics don't work, so his teacher suggests that Casey help him with the lyrics. And the budding romance begins . . .
Sadly, that is about where my enjoyment for this book ends.

What I Didn't Like . . .

Sadly I didn't enjoy this book at all which is hard for me to say. I don't like saying I didn't enjoy a book. This book was all over the place in timing, which was confusing. Blake comes in at the beginning and shows up periodically throughout the book talking to Casey, I kept wanting to say "Who are you?" There was absolutely no clarification as to who he was.

 Authors:
Travis Thrasher & Thompson Square




Travis Thrasher is the author of over twenty works of fiction in a variety of genres. He has collaborated with musicians, filmmakers, and pastors. His stories all feature broken characters on journeys toward redemption. Upcoming books for 2013 include the novelization of Home Run and Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not? co-authored with the band Thompson Square.





 Thompson Square is an American country music duo composed of husband and wife Keifer and Shawna Thompson. They signed to Stoney Creek Records, a sister label of Broken Bow Records, in January 2010.









Would I recommend this book . . .

That's a hard question to answer. I hate to say no on a book, but in this case, I am going to have to say that I wouldn't purchase it for myself or a friend. If you enjoy Country music, and Travis Thrasher you may want to give it a shot.

2 comments:

My Recent Favorite Books said...

I love Thompson Square's music! =)
they are a lovely couple.

Andi said...

I agree they are a great couple and can sing, they just can't write a book sadly.

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...