Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Roots of Betrayal


















Book Blurb:

1564: Catholic herald William Harley, Clarenceaux King of Arms, is the custodian of a highly dangerous document. When it is stolen, Clarenceaux immediately suspects a group of Catholic sympathisers, the self-styled Knights of the Round Table.
Francis Walsingham, the ruthless protégé of the queen's Principal Secretary, Sir William Cecil, intercepts a coded message from the Knights to a Countess known to have Catholic leanings. He is convinced that Clarenceaux is trying to use the document to advance the cause of the Catholic Queen.
And soon Clarenceaux enters a nightmare of suspicion, deception and conspiracy. Conflict and fear, compounded by the religious doubts of the time, conceal a persistent mystery. Where has the document gone? Who has it and who really took it? And why? The roots of betrayal are deep and shocking: and Clarenceaux's journey towards the truth entails not just the discovery of clues and signs, but also the discovery of himself.


My Thoughts:

I am a huge fan of Tudor England. This book was more fast paced than the first. The yarn that James Forrester spins is one that leaves you scratching your head. 
With Roots of Betrayal, unlike Sacred Treason, the hidden document becomes alive and puts William Harley's life in danger. I felt like I was running the streets of England with William. He has to find out where this document is, who stole it and why. 
If you are a fan of Tudor England I highly recommend this book. I do recommend that you read the first book, Sacred Treason or you will be lost.

No comments:

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...