Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Love's Reckoning - Reviewed


















Book Blurb:

On a bitter December day in 1784, Silas Ballantyne arrives at the door of blacksmith Liege Lee in York County, Pennsylvania. Silas is determined to finish his apprenticeship quickly and move west. But because he is a fast worker and a superb craftsman, Liege endeavors to keep him in York by appealing to an old tradition: the apprentice shall marry one of his master's beautiful daughters.
Eden is as gentle and fresh as Elspeth is high-spirited and cunning. But are they truly who they appear to be? In a house laced with secrets, each sister seeks to secure her future. Which one will claim Silas's heart--and will he agree to Liege's arrangement?
In this sweeping family saga, one man's choices in love and work, in friends and enemies, set the stage for generations to come. This is the Ballantyne Legacy.

My Thoughts:

Laura Frantz has crafted a sweeping saga that will keep you up late at night, and leave you craving more.

Liege brings Silas to York to work as an apprentice under the guise that he will marry one of his daughters, Liege has already decided based on circumstance who that daughter will be, yet Silas has not been told about the marriage. Silas arrives on the night a baby is born in the house. Whose baby is it really? There are lots of secrets that keep you guessing and reading.
Eden and Silas develop a friendship that causes lots of problems, as Elspeth being the older daughter is the one Silas is suppose to marry, yet he doesn't like her. Eden has a hunger for God and gentle spirit, unlike her sister.
This is my absolute favorite book of the year! It left me breathless wanting more! I can't wait for the next book in the series! We're coming into fall, grab this book and curl up with your favorite hot drink and enjoy!

*Available September 2012  at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group*

4 comments:

Laura Frantz said...

Andi, You're such a blessing and I'm touched and honored by your words here. It was delightful following you on Facebook as you read and told me where you were in the book! You inspire me to write on:)

Andi said...

Laura, it is a blessing to review for such sweet writers such as yourself.
I had so much fun posting on Facebook and having you respond.
You are a delight! Hugs my friend!

Lexi said...


Beautifully written. I am interested after reading your review, thanks for posting it!

Andi said...

Thanks Lexi! It is a beautiful book!
Love the picture of your Sib. I had one she looked a lot like yours. :)

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...