{text-decoration: none;}

Monday, September 7, 2026

Top Ten Tuesday Young Adult Books Teen Me Would've Loved

 

Happy Tuesday, and welcome to another edition of Top Ten Tuesday blog link-up sponsored by That Artsy Reader Girl. Today's theme is about Indie authors and bookstores. I couldn't figure that one out so I chose an older topic that I missed. Young Adult books teen me would've loved. This was so fun to put together. I hope wherever you are you are still enjoying warm weather. Here in Idaho we are definitely moving into Fall.

The two at the bottom are technically not YA books, but I would've loved to have them to read.
















My huge question. Would you have liked to have any ONE of these books when you were a teen? If so, which one(s)? Let me know in the comments.

15 comments:

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I love this post. I was a teen librarian for many years and was always reading YA Lit looking for the next best books to recommend to my patrons. But since retirement I have almost completely stopped reading YA. Not sure why other than I always want to talk about what I'm reading and most adults don't read or want to talk about YA titles. Sigh.

Joanne said...

I don't think I've read any of these but always happy to hear about books others have enjoyed.

Here's mine for this week: https://portobellobookblog.com/2026/09/08/top-ten-tuesday-8th-september-indie-freebie-toptentuesday-amreading-bookrecommendations-tuesdaybookblog-booksky-%f0%9f%92%99%f0%9f%93%9a/

Emily said...

These look good. Some YA books I'm not sure why they are classed as YA as they seem a bit much, but I would have enjoyed them then and now 😂

Have a great week!

Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
My post:
https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2026/09/08/top-ten-tuesday-indie-freebie/

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! said...

I'm not sure I would have read them as a teen. I think that's mostly due to the fact that YA didn't really exist when I was a teen. Most of us went from Sweet Valley High to Stephen King, V.C. Andrews, and Danielle Steele.
Here's my TTT for the week: https://readbakecreate.com/eight-thoughts-on-the-hardcover-app/

Shelleyrae @ Book’d Out said...

There were so few YA books when I was a teenager, I probably would have loved the Once Upon a Time in Texas books.
Thanks for sharing your #TTT

Andi said...

Thanks! I actually love reading YA and I’m 60. I think it’s fun to add to my reading lineup. I get the point of talking about what you’re reading and most adults don’t read YA.

Andi said...

I’m behind on K.E. Ganshert’s series but I enjoy them.

Andi said...

For these authors they’re clean. No language, no open door sex, or violence; which parents want for their teen. That’s all I can think of.

Andi said...

Exactly, Pam.

Andi said...

There were a few, but not a lot. These would have been fun!

Cindy said...

Fun topic for today. Teen me was a way different reader than adult me, so while I would like to say I would have enjoyed these books back then, I can't honestly say for sure.

Susan said...

In Arizona, we're definitely still "enjoying" warm weather! I'm way past ready for cooler weather, but that will still be some time for us, sadly.

I was a HUGE reader as a teen, but there weren't nearly as many books for YA audiences as there are now. Teenage me would have been in heaven with all the YA books that are available now. The Basham one is one I would have enjoyed then and would probably still enjoy now. It looks cute!

Happy TTT!

Andi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andi said...

Cindy, I’m only guessing that I would’ve enjoyed these as a teen. I do enjoy them now.

Andi said...

I’m in Idaho, not a fan of the dry heat I’d love some humidity. I can’t imagine the heat you live through.
Pepper Basham and Jamie Jo Wright had a little competition in writing The Cinderella Plot and Love & Baseball. I keep starting The Cinderella Plot and get distracted.

Top Ten Tuesday - Author"s I Have Met

Happy Tuesday and welcome to another edition of Top Ten Tuesday blog link-up sponsored by That Artsy Reader Girl . Today's theme is auth...