Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday - Favorite First Lines


I've missed a couple of weeks of Top Ten Tuesday so, I thought I'd go back and do one I missed. First lines are always a fun talking point. I've participated in a weekly blog post titled First Line Friday so, I'll be reaching back into my blog archive for some fun ones!


One: Piccolo. The restaurant matched it's name - - a tiny and delicate white stucco building with a short, neat brick walk leading from its front door to the parking lot.

- A Portrait of Emily Price by Katherine Reay 

Two: Devin Bressard scarcely blinked when Grace tossed her sweet tea in his face. 

- Told You So by Kristen Heitzmann

Three: The little hairs on the back of Allegra Spencer's neck stood at attention. He was behind her. She could feel his presence as sure as she could smell the beans being ground by the barista on the other side of the reclaimed wood counter. 

- Count Me In by Mikal Dawn

Four: You’re sure you want to do this?

- The Amish Nanny's Sweetheart by Jan Drexler

Five: Have you ever been in a situation where you took a step back, looked around, and said to yourself, "How did my life become one big cliche`?" 

- Literarily For Keeps by Sarah Monzon

Six: If I smoked --- and I'm told I ought to start before I'm too old---I would light one up. 

- Stealing Adda by Tamara Leigh

Seven: Any smidgen of hope that her entrance into New York high society would be deemed a rousing success died the moment Miss Poppy Garrison's tiara became firmly attached to the sleeve of her dance partner. 

- Diamond in the Rough by Jen Turano 

Eight: Samuel Payton was an idiot. 


Nine: I strolled down the path through Central Park and exhaled.

- The Trouble With Love by Toni Shiloh

Ten: Just call me George Washington. 



Now, it's your turn . . . What are some of your favorite lines? Let me know in the comments!




2 comments:

Tamara Leigh said...

Love that you like Adda’s opening line! Thank you!

Toni Shiloh said...

Thank you for adding TTWL!

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...