Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Oh, The Places Books Take Us


I was one of those little girl's that got in trouble A LOT for reading under the covers with a flashlight after I'd been told to go to bed. I snuck my dad's out of his toolbox and even bought one with money my grandma gave me and he took both of those away from me. And I was reading, doing something positive and I still got in trouble. With an early bedtime which just mean that I got to read longer anyway. At least until my dad said light's out.

When I was thinking about today's Top Ten Tuesday topic places mentioned in books I'd like to visit I thought I'd spin the topic and do places I'd like to visit from some of my favorite children's books. Books that kept me company under the covers with a flashlight.






You'll need a fur coat to go to the number one place I'd want to go, NARNIA!!!! Who else wants to go?


















Miss Suzy was a book I read over and over again until I started reading chapter books and her little squirrel tree house is one I'd love to explore. 

















 Harvey's Hideout was another bedtime storybook that I loved and his hideout on the river is where I'd like to go.
















I want to visit the magical Times Square in A Cricket in Times Square.




















The Hundred Acre Wood with Pooh and all of his friends would be a great place to spend the afternoon.


















Zuckerman Farm in Charlotte's Web spending the day watching Charlotte's children spin webs.


















Let Charlie show me around the Chocolate Factory and introduce me to Willy Wonka.



















Get a tour of the Limberlost Swamp by Elnora  and have her show me how she collects moth eggs to sell to the Bird Woman.



















Image result for anne of green gables
From the moment I opened up the pages of Anne of Green Gables I've wanted to go to Prince Edward Island. It's been on my to visit list since I was a little girl.


















                         

And of course like Narnia I want to use an invisibility cloak and get a tour around Hogwarts.

















What places from books would you like to visit? Let me know in the comments!!!




















No comments:

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...